bAbY MiLa KaTe due sep14

BabyGaga

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TaYLoR aNdReWs NeXt DeMeNsIoN hAiR sHoW



As most of you know these last couple of weeks Have been quite busy. On April 2nd I had a great oppertunity to be a part of the Taylor Andrews hair/fashion show. Its a runway type hair show where each group has a certain theme and has a segment in the show where we display our work!! My group had henry the fifth,a very famous artist his work is alot like circus stuff so we are going off of that & the movie moulin rouge. My friend Ashley & I had the top hat girl so we made her hat out of hair. Believe it or not this has given me a great opportunity to use my "crafty" & creative skills as far as making the costume,I always thought that if I didnt go into cosmetology I wanted to go into fashion. Lucky for me I was able to use both skills for this show.We took a simple black tank top and made it into a corset,yes I burnt myself alot with the glue gun ha ha but it was worth it. I was so busy with this hair show I had hardly any time to get gregs birthday together but My mom being the superwoman she is helped me,I decided to surprise him & make him a blanket,it totally shocked him to see that I actually did something crafty other than hair & fashion ha ha. The plan was to celebrate his birthday a bit early due to the hair show. So last monday we went to pf changs for dinner than went & saw a movie & he opened his jazz blanket and a shit & hat I had bought him .This last week was very fun,exciting,busy,chaotic,stressful,and very awarding that I was able to show off my work to friends & family. Our model turned out amazing she got all her steps correct and totally killed it for the big show she was amazing and me & ashley were very proud of her.We were both smiling and staring in amazement as our model showed our work to the very best of her ability.It was so nice seeing my family at the end & hearing how proud of me they were & how much they enjoyed it,it truly was one of the porudest moments of my life.Gregs birthday was on this day & lets just say I have the most amazing husband in the whole wide world he came and supported me and come on what guy wants to go to a hair/fashion show ever especially on their birthday.After that though we went home and had yummy cake and celebrated the last hrs of his 23rd birthday. I am very passionate about what I do,Taylor Andrews has helped me restore the confidence I once had & as I grow closer to graduating in December I see myself improving each day,I dont like to brag about myself & I try not to but when it comes to something I feel very strongly about & take great pride in its hard to not want to share my happiness with others. Some may see it as just doing hair but as for me I see it as a way to express my creativity,a way to put a smile on others faces,a way to help others confidence by doing well on their hair,and a way to show myself that I can do what I put my mind to.









Us girls with worldwide famous hairstylist Nicholas French

No comments: