bAbY MiLa KaTe due sep14

BabyGaga

Saturday, January 26, 2013

We AskEd FoR a DauGHtER wE wErE sEnT a PrINcEss


          As most of you have heard by now Wednesday January 23,2013 at 15 weeks we found out our precious baby is a sweet baby girl! We are filled with so much joy & happiness. People tell me I am just glowing. I can see it in Greg too. I thought the happiest I had ever seen him was when we found out we were pregnant back in November but ever since Wednesday I have seen my husband happier than I have ever seen him before. I know that may come as a surprise to some of you seeming that  most husbands want a baby boy, but not mine.Don't get me wrong he would have been thrilled to have a boy and we both hope our second baby will be our little Beckham Gregory but we both have been hoping & praying for our little princess. When Greg & I started trying to conceive years ago we would always say things like "she is just waiting for us to get our stuff together so she can come down" or Greg would always call the baby a her while we prayed saying "please watch over our little princess" . We have always visioned our little girl running around in her tutu  laughing & playing with us. I have always known since dating Greg that he would be an awesome daddy to a little girl . He has such a patient,kind,playful,silly and gentle soul that it's obvious he was meant to be a little girls daddy. People always tell me I needed to have a little girl because I love doing hair,shopping,styling, and I am all girly girl. Although, I think I would have just as much fun styling our little boys hair as well. Since the age that I can remember I have wanted a little girl. People called us crazy because whenever we talked to them about our baby while we were pregnant we would say "she is making mommy very nauseous today" and "she hates it when mommy sleeps on the left side of the bed." people would laugh & say "watch your going to have a little boy" All my sisters and my brother all had girls first and the only nephew I have is my sisters little guy Kolby (on the Payne side that is,) but he is the only boy in her family. All of our first borns have been girls, we call it the Payne Family blessing/curse ha ha because all the guys are out numbered. 
A couple weeks before the gender ultra sound I went in to register at my doctors and they gave me a gift bag with all this awesome baby stuff and what we need to know about pregnancy. I brought it home & for our family home evening we both sat down and went through it all. Greg pulled out a sheet and on it it said Chinese calender 93% accurate on gender, we looked & it's determined by the age the mother was when she conceived & the month. Mine was 26 and October and there it said BOY! we both looked at each other and laughed with a little disappointment. Once again don't get me wrong we both really want to have a baby boy someday but for years we have been convinced that we were going to have our little princess. So over the next two weeks I had to force myself to think about having a little boy and I would start pinning boy clothes on pinterest and found really cute stuff but I couldn't help but keep going back to visioning our little girl & thinking about her.  I didn't totally believe the Chinese calender because well there were a lot of signs pointing to baby girl . For instance her heart beat, the doctor told us it was a good sign the baby would be a girl if it was above 140 & it has always been above 140. Greg's sister also told us all her girls had high heartbeats and her only boy had a slower one.I also kept having dreams about her . So I didn't quite know what to think those two weeks but I had to prepare myself & accept that we were not going to get our little princess just yet and I actually started getting really excited about our little boy . I would love a little mamas boy and for our little girl to have an older brother.
Wednesday morning before the doctors appointment we said a prayer and we asked our heavenly father what we ask him every day except this time we didn't say her or him we said our baby "please watch over our baby so that  he or she is healthy" as soon as our baby popped up on the ultra sound screen I knew in my heart she was a girl. We saw her little heart beating ,by the way this is the coolest thing I have ever seen! to hear the heart beat is one thing but to actually see my little angel's heart beating brought tears to my eyes and I was in  complete shock . The miracle of life is so beautiful. She kept moving & flipping . Greg said "she does not want to hold still" than I was like "come on girlfriend , uncross your legs"than the ultra sound lady said "look at her cute little toes,ah you guys now have me calling her a girl" and laughed. I went to the bathroom because we thought she might be squished with my full bladder and that was why she wasn't uncrossing her legs. When we came back her little hand popped up like she was either waving at us or telling us "STOP trying to look down there" ha ha at least we know she's modest. Right after that she uncrossed her legs, I couldn't see at first but Greg & the ultra sound tech could. The ultra sound tech turned to us and said "I am 100 % sure that right there is what appears to be the body part of a baby girl and the female organs. Congrats to both of you "and smiled at us. I looked really close and than I saw!!Wow!there she was, my beautiful baby girl I have dreamed of all my life.  I looked at Greg and he was crying ,I started crying. We knew it all along. There she was our beautiful baby girl confirming to us that what we felt in our hearts had been true all along.
Her name will be Londyn Ann Burke! our little princess.I love her so much . My friend told me that I was destined to have a girl and that I am going to make a great mommy to her because of all the trials I have faced in life and how strong I have become because of it. I hope with all my heart & soul that Londyn will never face anything close to what I have faced and I will do everything & anything to protect her. I know Greg will too.I just know she will have him wrapped around her little finger. He is going to be a great daddy and I am so happy I have a husband like him who's faith in the gospel is so strong. We make a great team and I can not wait for all the fun that comes with having a baby girl. Girls are hard though just ask my mom ha ha but it will all be worth it. Here are some awesome pics of that day and sorry I refuse to post the pic of my babys private part I feel that is inappropriate and just not for the worlds eyes.I don't mean to offend anybody and I don't judge those who do post it but we have decided we would like that to be private.We thank our heavenly father every day for our little princess and can not wait to meet her in July. Miracles really do happen & wishes really do come true. For this child we have prayed .
                           







No comments: