bAbY MiLa KaTe due sep14

BabyGaga

Monday, January 10, 2011

Brother & Sister Burke

It started out with a phone call at the beginning of the week  I answered; "Hello" The guy ( didn't say his name) said "Hi sister Burke we have you & your husband down for speaking in sacrament this Sunday I talked to your husband a little while ago & he was OK with it & I wanted to make sure it was still OK?" meanwhile  I am thinking in my mind that Greg had just forgotten to tell me because well my husband at times is very forgetful so of course my response was "Yes of course that works fine" him:"OK well your speaking on how the holy ghost guides us in life & there will be a youth speaker ahead of you, than you will speak for ten minutes & your husband for fifteen minutes."
I instantly got off the phone & called Greg & asked him why he didn't tell me we were speaking his response "Um babe I didn't know we were speaking nobody talked to me about it" GREAT!!! so we just figured the guy was older & couldn't remember talking to Greg , So we went ahead & prepared our talks . We were very sad because we had to miss Greg's parents Homecoming but we were very excited to speak in our new ward.
I invited my parents down & we were all just so excited my parents sat right in the front row ha ha however they were there before us...of course!! Greg & I were a tad late ... we are usually a little late for things. We walked up on the stand & the second counselor looked at us like WHAT IS GOING ON???? he came over & said" I am so sorry I must have gotten the schedule mixed up I have you guys speaking on the 23rd" let me remind you that this was going on in front of THEE WHOLE congregation Greg & I were so embarrassed but we understood & left to try to make it to Greg's parents homecoming, but since their church started at the same time as ours it was impossible. I felt so bad for my parents driving all the way down especially because my dad has two fractured disks in his back & it's hard for him to walk right now. So the least we could do was invite them over to have some lunch before Greg & I had to go back & teach our sunbeams!!

As we were having lunch with my parents we were both just so sad & felt so stupid , we put so much time into preparing for our talks. Than Greg finally knew what happened. Like I said Greg's parents BROTHER & SISTER BURKE were speaking at their homecoming the same day yesterday. well when we use to live in his parents house while they were on their mission my number which use to be Greg's was in that ward directory & my husband never got it removed.So HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING & we are all laughing about it now & look forward to speaking on the 23rd of January. We are thankful that we got to prepare our talks on this subject because I think it helped us both a lot & we both felt the spirit strongly but we will  never forget that day for the rest of our lives!!!

No comments: