bAbY MiLa KaTe due sep14

BabyGaga

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My LiTtLe MaN hAd A BIrTHdAy!

HOLY MOLY! these last couple  months have been so busy I totally forgot that Jax turned 4 on February 2,2013. Yes that's right I celebrate my dogs birthday, I have become that crazy dog lady who treats her dog like a baby and I am proud of it. Back in 2009 Greg worked for Apx now Vivint and we went out for a summer to live in Georgia and North Carolina (thank goodness that is all over with because I could not imagine having kids and always having to move away for the summers) Before we went out I got so nervous because I have always lived in Utah and no where else and I have always been close with family. I lived with my  parents til I got married at 22 , I went to school to do hair but didn't do any of the college stuff and live on my own like Greg did.So ya I panicked thinking about being all alone in a strange place while my husband worked. So Greg's solved the problem and we got a little Yorkie and named him Jax so he would be my company while we were away and Greg was working. I remember going over to my moms friends house to pick out which little Yorkie puppy  we wanted. I knew I wanted a little boy, don't ask me why I just had my heart set on a little  boy puppy. They handed Greg a little boy puppy and handed me the other one. They both were very similar but the one I was holding just rested his little head and my chest right by my heart and cuddled up to me, I was in  LOVE. I looked at his little face and teared up, he had a little white spot on his nose and I just knew he was the one. Greg asked me if I wanted to hold the one he had and I said "no honey this little guy is the one" he was only a couple weeks old so I had to part ways with him and I was so heart broken but I knew I would see him a couple weeks later to bring him home with us. The next couple weeks I got all prepared for our little guy to come home . I bought all the supplies he needed and than some and I bought the cutest little outfits for him . Greg and I decided on a name, we fell in love with the name Jax. Greg was excited too he loved dogs , we both are dog people and we hate cats. Jax was born on February 2,2009 and we picked him up to come home with us in April. When we went to pick him up we walked through the door and than I saw him , a little girl carried him up the stairs and his big brown eyes met mine. I am such a cry baby I just started crying and went right over to hold him. He literally looked like a little teddy bear. We sat and visited for a minute with my moms friends as all the puppies played on the floor . I let Jax down on the floor to play with his sisters and brother before we left. He just kept coming back to me, pawing at my leg to hold him. It truly was love at first sight, we knew we had made the right choice and that he belonged in our family. We took him home and Greg made one thing very clear to me Jax was not allowed to sleep in the bed with us . So he put him in his doggy play pen and we went to sleep, 10 minutes later Jax was crying it was thee saddest little cry EVER. We tried to ignore it and I tried to respect Greg's rule and just let Greg deal with it and he did, 15 minutes later Jax was in bed with us. Greg had given in , there was no denying that this little puppy was going to be very spoiled. Jax came right up by me and snuggled himself into my chest right by my heart, the place he loves most. That has always been his favorite place to cuddle, when we are watching tv and I am holding  him that's where he cuddles and to this day when I go to get in bed he waits for me to plug my phone in and than he comes and cuddles right into my chest and falls asleep, every night for the last four years it has been that way.You know how a guy will cuddle with you until he thinks your asleep than slowly move away so he doesn't wake you? Yep,that's my little Jax he will cuddle with me in bed for about a half hour to an hour than when he thinks I have fallen a sleep he slowly moves away to sleep at the end of the bed ha ha not only that but when we are all getting ready for bed and we are carrying our blankets in to the room if Greg goes first and I am last Jax will wait like a true little gentleman for me to go in to the room before he goes in ha ha he is so smart. The cuddling in bed irritates Greg sometimes because it cuts in to our cuddling sessions and when I cuddle with Greg Jax comes and  makes his way in the middle of us ha ha I always love to say "ok boys stop fighting over me" It is amazing how smart our little man is and his little spirit is just so loving. He is a true mamas boy and gets mad when I get home from work and I forget to pick him up. I worry that when our little princess arrives in July that Jax will have a hard time adjusting but we are preparing him and I am so thankful for him because I know that as  our baby girl  grows older Jax will always protect her and they will be the best of friends.He truly is a blessing to us , our family would not be complete without him. I can't even believe it has been four years now that we have had him, he has stayed so little and his hair has stayed black as ever with a little tan and grey.There has only been two times he has been really sick and I am so thankful the vets helped him to get better and that he is still with us today. I love him with all my heart and I can not wait for our children to grow older  and play with him they are going to LOVE him.

































No comments: