bAbY MiLa KaTe due sep14

BabyGaga

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

dReSsInG mY bUmP

I am going to be very honest with everybody, when I first found out I was pregnant with Londyn I panicked thinking about how big I am going to get and that none of my clothes would fit me and I would have to wear ugly clothes. My mom & friends kept telling me not to worry because I have always been  skinny and naturally that's my body type is tall and slender and because I have a long torso I would still look skinny. I didn't want to believe them though I just wanted to start shopping for bigger clothes and I actually started to not care how big I got as long as I had a healthy baby. My first month of pregnancy I bought a pair of jeans in a size 26 instead of 24 so that they would fit throughout my pregnancy. I am now 21 weeks pregnant and they don't even stay up without a belt. I was so wrong. I am still wearing all my normal clothes and sizes and have not had to go shopping for bigger clothes even though sometimes I use that as a fake excuse to go shopping ha ha. So many people ask me where I buy my maternity clothes and all I tell them is the same places I shop regularly Bohme,Nordstroms,Dorothy Perkins,etc. My advice for everybody is just to wait and see how your body works as pregnancy goes on. Also, the things I find  cute  could fit while your pregnant or when your not pregnant. Why go out and spend a lot of money on clothes you'll only need for a couple weeks when you could be spending that money on your baby girl or baby boy's wardrobe? I know not every body   is the same type but ask yourself  next time  your out shopping if you could wear that being  pregnant or if you were not pregnant, you will be surprised that most of the things you find will fit. I have always loved dressing up and dressing my baby bump is just as much fun, I love getting creative with what I can put together.
A lot of people think I am crazy because I wear heels everyday but that's me , I can walk in them, I have not fallen once, heck I have even chased my sunbeams down the hall in them without falling,and most of all I find them comfy.I have always gotten a lot of negative comments from people telling me I am too skinny or asking me if I  eat? someone asked me the other day if I am eating while I am pregnant ,telling me I need to feed my baby I just about punched that person right in there mouth. Seriously? I think telling somebody they are to skinny is just as bad as telling somebody they are too fat. It hurts and I have dealt with it all my life but have come to love my body for the way it is. Trust me I have seen what happens to those babies born after their moms worked out way to much and never ate while they were pregnant  and it's sad but who am I to judge them . My baby girl is healthy,I eat all day,I don't exercise (well I go for a little walk every other day )but I don't ever work out hard,my baby weighs what she is supposed to and is growing at the right rate,and everything I do is for her and her only .Anyways, sorry for venting that was not what I intended my post to be about but my thoughts just got ahead of me.Here are a couple things I have purchased in the last month or so that I think you could wear with or without being pregnant hope this helps answer some of your questions :)
Big over sized sweaters are very in this year and they are comfy

of course maxi dresses are a must, in these next few months this will be my best friend

You may think I am weird for buying this  but I think peplums are so cute to wear while your pregnant

colored skinny's go with a lot 

This looks great without being pregnant as well

I got this for our baby moon trip we are taking in May 

Blazers so great with EVERYTHING

I love this dress from ASOS , tailored dresses like this look great while your pregnant







No comments: